Birthday Reflections

I am grateful... 

to celebrate another birthday today. Sixty-five was a big milestone but I remember having a fleeting thought during the first wave of the pandemic that I might succumb to the illness before my next birthday if I continued to work at the hospital. Courage and faith prevailed and each morning I pray with sincerity,

"even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me."

I am supported and uplifted by the love of family and friends. From an early morning Face Time call from a daughter and grandson, another call from a special, namesake aunt, a brother, a niece, an old friend, a gift drop off from our neighbour, the bustling activity in the kitchen as my other daughters prepare a fancy tea, opening gifts that arrived in the mail this week, my husband away on a mysterious errand...


I have goals...

Joan Hoolobon, a science journalist, previous health reporter with the Globe abd Mail, Officer of the Order of Canada celebrates her 101st birthday today. She was born exactly 35 years before me.

Happy birthday to both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment